Sphe
This little man is Sphe and the past week I have been missing him so much. I don't really know why, but I just MISS him. He is one of those crazy little rascal kids that are sometimes scary, because even though they're half your size you're never sure if they are gonna beat you up or not.
A lot of times lately I feel like talking about South Africa is so taboo. A lot of people from my school have been there, loved it and met a lot of the same people I know. Also a lot of people have heard my story, heard me talk about how much I love it and to be honest they seem sick of it. Maybe not sick of it, but its like they just want a small appetizer of my experience and they got it, so I should probably stop talking about it.
The problem is that I can't stop loving it. Two years ago I spent 4 solid months there, the best of my life so far, and I was so in love that I went back this past summer. My time this summer wasn't the easy ride that the first time was, but here I am STILL in love. Which is bold for me to say, because I'm terrified of love and commitment in life. It leaves you vulnerable, but somehow I feel able to unconditionally love this country, this people group and my friends and family there.
I can't get over it and I can't stop talking about because it won't stop meaning so much to me. If you love something and its a huge part of you, how do you not make it known? How do you stow it away in the back closet of your mind and heart for later? You just can't. And I can't stop thinking about that place and the love I have for it. I ache for it. It gives me joy and gives me life. Its not a walk in the park, ever, but it doesn't matter.
That place feels more home to me than anywhere else.
Ngiyathanda South Africa, forever as long as I breathe. I'm committed.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.